Suddenly he was beside me. He was a rugged pakcik, he put a hand on my chair and left a folded tissue on my table, smiled and off he went.
It must’ve been his mobile number. :p
I remember joking to my friend Yanie previously during lunch that I am planning to find myself a boyfriend who is old but rich because commitment is something that is more difficult than teknik jahitan tulang belut. These old but rich men are usually married and being the other woman, u wont have to see them everysingleday, and u can do anything and get away with it (read: go out with another man without him knowing). An issue discussed in IAM actually.
I picked the tissue up and read the note written on it. I remember the note word by word, and I don’t think I will ever gonna forget it. It read:
“Girl, kudos to you.. It’s never too late to come back to the right path. Masa muda sebelum tua, masa hidup sebelum mati. Allah pasti akan mengampunkan dosa-dosa umatnya yang bertaubat.”
*bunyik cengkerik*
Ehhhh apakah..?
*bunyik cengkerik*
Was it the empire waist top that I wore on that day? Or the faded orange color on me hair? I think my outfit that day was decent enough. Or could it be the sad frown on my face when I was reading page 191 (because Zain Hafsham, I pity you really..), that triggered the pakcik to come over to show his ‘support’?
*bunyik cengkerik*
Pakcik,pakcik.. I would’ve framed the tissue paper note and hang it on my bedroom wall. But I cant cuz I lost it.


ONE WORD. WEIRD.
ReplyDeleteprobably becoz of the book. have yet to finish it. will try to do the same tho. :-P
i am tua but not rich and my back is as stiff as any oldman ... no tulang belut here, how about it girl? ;)
ReplyDeletef&g,
ReplyDeletego on try lah.see all the reactions u'll get frm the surrounding.;)
ho ho bo,
but i want tua and rich.ok lah,email me ur picture and i'll think abt it mmmkay?:p
i've heard of the book as well. is it good?
ReplyDeletehahahahaha.. bunyi cengkerik tu kejap2 jer or lama?
ReplyDeletestill haven't got pass 2nd chapter of tht book. sigh...
dah habis baca belum?! i did it half a day in izan's car ...
ReplyDeleteand i bet if he knows the content of the book, he wouldn't have left the note. :op
ayam bekkkk!
chikanoz,
ReplyDeleteokay lah..i usually will read a book (and habiskan cepat) if a friend strongly suggests it.
cikpijah,
lame ok..adelah dlm 5menets.hahha..u bace slow2 xpe,i bace laju sbb ade 'deadline'..kalau tak wegra marah.:p
weggy,
yuwa bekkkkk!hello stinky backpacker..;) i finished the book oredi.bila mau?:D
(nak tambah lagi)
ReplyDeleteweggy,
yeah if only la kan..he mustve thought im in repentance process or sumthin.:p
klasik sial entry nih.
ReplyDeletecelah mana la pulak datang bunyi cengkerik pulak!
i read mine when i was in vietnam, tapi cover buku facing the ground, coz i know i'd have gotten the same stare..haha!
kat mana nak hantor email tu? (tarik the fish net ni)
ReplyDelete"These old but rich men are usually married and being the other woman, u wont have to see them everysingleday, and u can do anything and get away with it"
ReplyDeletedarling, mine fits all the criteria, yet i hv to see him everyday n answer every single sms he sends or he would sulk bigtime. sgt penat, dik.
and i agree with wegra. d pakcik should read d book b4 making conclusions based on d book title... d same conclusion my 'pakcik' did earlier :P
i baru dgr bunyi cengkerik tadi.
ReplyDelete:P
i nak beli and try baca at one of those cafes kat curve...
ReplyDeletelet see whether the cengkerik sound will appear this time :p
i hope the guy was not fadzilah kamsah?
ReplyDeleteanisism,
ReplyDeleteu clever girl..;)
mr.hobo,
part-time fisherman ka?:p
lil m.e,
u must be tired but happy rite?;)
dzu,
kat mane?
rbw,
while u're at it,smoke a ciggie too.donch forget ya?:)
gravt,
not him.affirmative.
weh the cengkerik buleh bagi makan ikan arowana abang shaye. Hehe.
ReplyDeletei want to see your senget hairstyle one day... hehe..
ReplyDeletetry reading Quran's translation sometime. i bet the cengkerik sounds would be louder...
huhuhu...
hi, bloghopped from sarclover's.
ReplyDeletegreat blog you got here. and yeah, I'd think its the book. people always got the wrong perception of malay ladies who dont wear head scarf reading islamic books, or, books with titles like "muslim", "islam", or "religion".
I'd give the same finger as you did on 'peti maklumat balai' picture tuh.
[bunyi guruh/petir/halilintar ala ala iklan DiGi]
hehehe ....
bunyi cengkerik dah jadi bunyi katak kenyang dah ... bila nak update?
ReplyDeletehappier? hmm i guess so. one aspect of life's easier ;)
ReplyDelete