15.12.07

i think you should know

Dear Sayang,

I’m sorry I’m writing here instead of telling it to your face, because I want you to read this when you are alone, so that in a clearer-headed and much calmer condition, you can read and understand what I’m going to say.

I know we have been fighting about it lately. I know it upsets you big time. I know you want me to stop doing it for good reason. I know you are concerned. But believe me, Sayang, I have no intention to disrespect you, or hurt you even.

Sayang, this has been my vice and I am not proud of it. You knew about it, even before we met. You were well aware of it, weren’t you? It wasn’t an issue back then, then why should it be one at present?

Sayang, I’m not doing it to be ‘in the zone’, or attempting to look cool, or whatever faux pas’ reasons others could have for doing it.

It is something that I have been doing since I discovered that it resolved my issues. As silly as it sounds, it is the main reason. You know what issues kan, Sayang? No amount of water, veges, fruits or fiber or pil chi kit teck aun can help me. Do you know that it affects me both physically and emotionally? I get depressed and restless and my tummy gets buncit. Sometimes I get nauseous too.

It is not a rebellious act. I didn’t do it to show my protest against the world, let alone you. I don’t do it in your presence, which shows that I do respect you.

I have to be frank; you must know that I am not going to stop because of you. Not because you say so, not because you want me to.

Remember when you said that a breast enhancer cream would do me good, but I dismissed the idea automatically? It was because of the same principle – I will not change for anyone but me. I will not try to change anything about my body because I have no problem with it. I am satisfied and very much comfortable with my own bod.

So Sayang, I am going to smoke when I want to and stop when I feel like quitting, or when I am diagnosed with lung cancer *touches wood* or the price of a pack reaches my ceiling price of RM10 *touches wood*, whichever comes first.

I am not an addict, don’t worry Sayang. I guess a pack for a week doesn’t make me an addict, does it? I don’t break in cold sweats or shiver when I don’t smoke. Sometimes I could even go on without the sticks for months, simply because I can.

I know it is very hard for you to relate and comprehend cause you're not a smoker yourself. Hence it's not making it any easier for us.

I am breaking the habit. I can. I promise I will. The choice is mine, so I will bear whatever the consequence(s) responsibly.

I am sorry, Sayang. Please don’t stay mad at me for too long.. I need you, and most of all I need you to understand.

p/s: i love u

Yours truly,
Tiena.T

8 comments:

  1. dear sayang,

    listen to your sayang please bikos a pack a week is not gonna hurt pun.pewitt to tiena.

    gimme five women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. merokok membahayakan kesihatan
    -amaran daripada kerajaan malaysia-


    *pecutttttttttt

    ReplyDelete
  3. jom ciggi break..

    ReplyDelete
  4. che'fara,
    *high five che'fara* hey you.lame tak nampak..ape kabau?:)

    kuza si perokok tegar,
    yeahhhhhhh rrrrrrrrrrrrrright.

    chikanozboy,
    can pau ur rokok selai ah?:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear sayang, as perfectly explained by tiena, its not dat we cannot quit smoking. we can. its just d matter of whether we want it or not. as for now, we dun want. so, take it or leave us.... whooaaaaaa! *ikut kuza peccuuuuttt*** haram kasi salah advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merokok satu pack sehari itu perkara biasa.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear sayang..
    merokok satu pack seminggu is nothing what?..rilek la sayang.. i used to smoke a pack or more per DAY.
    and i like when the part 'breast enhancer'.. *hillarious..

    keep up the good work tiena. T ( stand for what??.. tempe ke?).. hehehe

    taaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. rbw,
    coiii korang sume ni kasi nasehat beracun.:P

    angel eyes,
    wallawehh a pack a day is normal to u?tabek seperinggggg..:P

    epifit,
    hey there..:) good thing u USED to smoke a pack or MORE(!!) per day,afterall smoking is very very very bad for your health.*cough* :P neway,T stands for Turner lah *cue grandmaa turner's You're Simply The Best!*,tho i have to admit that i AM a tempe aficionado.huhu..

    ReplyDelete