28.1.08

i think im fabolous (not)

The last time I went to see a theatre was some Mak Yong show in the Philharmonic Hall. Not the good ‘old-school’ Mak Yong mind you, it was more of a contemporary one. Wasn’t that interesting, so all I can remember about it was, it was like a comedy by Fiebie and friends. Hilarious, but after a while I got bored. (With the Mak Yong show, not you Fiebie!:p)

So last Thursday it was a play called Raja Bersiong. It was okay, I guess. But I think the vampire king wasn’t that strong of a character. I mean, none of them really gave me a lasting impression like I had for A Sam Palal guy. I’m not too sure about the name, but I can say for certain he is an excellent actor.

Anyways, 30 minutes into the play and I was already getting restless in my seat. One and a half hour later, restless and sleepy and yawning for the n-th time, I realized that there were no intervals. 30 minutes later, tamatlah riwayat Raja Bersiong. Alhamdulillah..

The day after, me and some friends went to see a jazz show by Noryn Aziz. We were seated at one far corner with a wall blocking the stage view. So we scooted to the bar, standing, but the place was so packed we couldn’t even get our groove on. So yeah, after sixty minutes of waiting for the friends to show up and for the show to start, and thirty minutes sitting behind a wall and ‘listening’ to Noryn Aziz, and thirty minutes standing at the bar and getting bumped by bartenders and waiters, we finally made a move. The others proceeded to another jazz club and I, went straight home and hit the sack.

Two attempts of making my stress-full week a happy one failed miserably, and by the end of that day I was totally feeling under the weather.

Alas, I spent the weekend like a neanderthal man, locked myself up in my lil flat, had a marathon of SATC and old movies, ordered take-outs for lunch, and cuddling up with an adorable ogre.

Bliss.:)

Oh btw, did you catch the AJL on tv3 last night?





My two nephews aged 6 and 7 lost consciousness upon seeing her on the tube. They were absolutely traumatized by Kak Melah. I could never look at Ramlah Ram the same way again..

Now, putting up hair in a bun, black color tops and over-powdered face in my sister’s house is a big no-no.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous28/1/08 15:22

    baca je pun dah stresss mcm ne ni? hehe..

    oh kak melah looks much better in person compared to last night and a nice person to hang out with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28/1/08 15:57

    chikanoz,
    she does?hey,tell her that i know her 'menaruh harapan' song by heart and dat it's my must-sing karaoke song k?:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous29/1/08 14:06

    eh, menaruh harapan bukan ke lagu zaiton sameon? kak melahpun ada lagu tajuk camtu ke? anyway, did she do something to her face...very the scary merry ler tgk muka dia or makeup dia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous29/1/08 14:17

    i just discovered two anugerah juara lagu tickets tucked in my handbag, did you put it there?!

    anyways, was kak melah on botox?

    :op

    noryn aziz was a disappointment pun the other nite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous30/1/08 09:59

    db,
    thx for pointing dat one out.the kak melah song i meant is the 'kau kunci cintaku di dalam hati mu' song..:P obviously dat is a botox-ed face.i think she did it few days before the AJL because her left eyes kinda looked swollen a bit.:P

    weggy,
    i dinch (put them in ur bag).and i donch know for sure if she was on botox.eh maybe chikanoz knows better kot.:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous30/1/08 18:29

    Hahahahahha! Adoi kak melah! Wht the heck did u do to yourself la??? I tak tengok AJL la..was in bandung shopping sakan..wanna catch the repeat on the website...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous31/1/08 10:24

    yet to see noryn aziz sing live...will have 2 check that out....

    yup kak melah was scary looking...was still hoping dia pakai baju kau kunci cintaku...hehehehhe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4/2/08 12:48

    cosmicgurl,
    amboiii shopping di bandung.how was ur trip?:)

    eddy,
    yeah me too!kak melah,bring back the baju yo.:P

    ReplyDelete