16.10.08

i think this is quarter century life crisis (hehe)

A colleague was planning for a camping trip some time soon and asked me if I would like to join. It was hard to say no to her as she seemed excited about it and probably hoped for me to go, so trying to decline in the nicest way, I told her that I am too old for it. "You're a boring old girl", she smirked.

Well, I am boring like that. I say she was a wee bit too quick to judge, but no matter. I am too old to even care. Teehee.

When I was younger, back in uni, I was an outdoor person. Was even a member of an outdoor club. Mountain hiking, jungle trekking, cycling, kayaking, you name it. I remember going comot for days without bath in the jungle and drinking from a pool of water with polliwogs swimming in it. Now, at the age of thirty six, the thought of having to go through the day without proper bath and a hairdryer makes me cringe. Let alone sleep in a tent without the comfort of the best bed in the world that is my bed.

I was a talkative kid, funny to the bone but now I'd prefer to stay quiet and laugh at people's joke rather than make people laugh. I used to be a speed demon, now I drive like a grandma at 70km per hour.

It's funny how your definition of fun inversely proportional to your age. It is, at least to me lah.

And they say how you react towards life says the same about your job. Or is it the other way around? Either way, I think I have lost it. I am like, sitting latent, aware that I will miss the train if I am too slow but I am too old to move a muscle.

Is this some kind of a mid-life crisis? Pre-menopause syndrome? Sigh, life is all wrong without that thing called passion.

O passion, come back. Come back. Come fucking back. I don't wanna die as a boring ol' hag..

7 comments:

  1. ha ha ha.. indeed this is a nice entry. everyone goes through this so called cycle.

    actually babe, dun let urself down. its all about how u look at it. make is fun and interesting life crisis.

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 36 pun can still have fun what. just not in the same way. they can't expect us to have fun now the same way we had fun when we were young...

    sekian bebelan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly, i've never been the outdoor lasak type. my dad never let me pegi camping masa sekolah for unknown reason so bayangkanlah culture shock aku dapat bila kena pegi camping KESATRIA (kawad2 bangang tu) kat UITM!!! hahhaha khemah aku betul2 depan pokok, bila tido bole terasa empuknya akar kayu tu. pastu nak kena mandi berkemban2 la pulak kannnn
    but hey it's a good experience im glad i did it at least once in my life. *matilerr bimbo!*

    anyway, fun to me now is swiping plastic cards for babies stuff. i hope im not 'that' smugly married tapi aku berubah mengikut arus je aku rasa... (ayat sedapkan hati sendiri)

    u do what u feel best for u babe. mana tau nnt bila ko umur 60 rasa nak camping balik, amik gambar dan hantar kat kwn ko tu okkkkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. chikanoz,
    hello misterr,long time no see ek..i hope it's true that everyone will have to go through this cycle.actually sebenarnya,everyone and everything around me IS fun,it's just me who's not enticed.how?

    cik ayiaq masiaq yg maneh,
    sayang,kata kuncinya hari ini ialah 'quarter century'.what,u really think i am that old kah?*sorok uban*

    ze vainfot,
    yes,'mengikut arus',itulah perkataan yg kite cariii.;) btw uols tido dalam khemah malam tu ada 'orang' gegar2 khemah tak?huhuhu.bukan apa skang ni tibe2 mak da jadi pengecut pulak,tu yg x berani nak camping2 ni,macam2 paranoia..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i ada tauuu 'orang' gegar khemah (sembang nak uppp aje..aa teka tiru sapa niiii), but i was too tido mampos to sedar!!
    it was my first and last tido dalam utan banat..ok lagi kl mandi kemban2 (hiks best kan..), cari kayu api but masuk part kena gegar2, mm tapela i pass la ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i give u pinjam the buku lah, gi baca pastu enticed life kau sikit.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. kuzz,
    i pon penah tawww..*nak jugak up diri* :P

    chikanoz,
    that book better be good haa..

    ReplyDelete