Growing up in my adolescence years avidly reading Cleo magazine as my x.o.x.o one and only source for fashion feed, international goss and motivational reads turned me into a typical consumer - brand conscious and trend following freak.
I spent my little monthly allowances and scholarship money to buy almost everything I saw in Cleo, from facial wash to make-ups to books to clothes. Luckily I was more of a t-shirt and jeans kinda person back in those days, and my so-called 'branded stuff' that I went for (and could really afford of) were fancy tops from East India, Esprit, Nike, and the most I would splurged on sometimes were Guess and MNG and boy, was I addicted to Levi's jeans. Straight cut, boot cut, flare cut, you name it. The only cut I skipped was the engineered. So there I was, strutting around in my East India t-shirt and Levi's jeans and feeling like the ultimate fashionista in my faculty. Huhu.
The brand whoring got even worse when I started working and earning my own money. And with plastic money, I went completely over and beyond my bank account savings at times. And then I got smart(er) and dropped the crazy shopping habit and now, I shop in moderation. Most of the stuff I have now is Cap Ayam brand, thanks to e-blogshop and online thrifting.:P
It's funny when sometimes when you wear your Cap Ayam heels, you got friends saying, "That's a very nice heels, are they from Nine West?". Or colleague nonchalantly trying to flip your collar just to see the brand of the shirt you're wearing or getting half an inch away from your face because she wants to see the engraving on your Cap Ayam reading glasses frame. Nevertheless, I am utterly flattered.
So now, I w(a)nder what's in a brand, really (other than it's top-notch quality and household name, of course)?:P *ayat orang jeles*
23.2.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment