13.7.09

i think im turning old and boring

July is my favorite month of the year. It's usually less heaty than June and I can stop being cranky and disable that weekend hibernate mode and thank god the world is finally done with fashion studs. And for a second half of a Fiscal year, it means we're basically done with all the outlines and reviews and it's time to sit back and chillax and wait for results. People are less focus on your performance dashboard, so you get to slack off a bit.

Two of my bestfriends got married in July, both looking unbelievably gorgeous and dashingly handsome (not to each other, in two separate weddings). I chose to skip the best-boyfriend's wedding because it clashed with the best-girlfriend's wedding. It seems like I've been skipping everyone's wedding nowadays, I wonder would anybody even care to come to mine next year?

I was down with fever, flu and a crazy sore throat on my birthday. Two huge ass ulcers popped out in my mouth as a consolation of the 3-in-1 combo. Nevertheless I was blessed with family and friends and special ones who made the effort to celebrate me (I am not worth it). From the bottom of my heart, I thank you so much. The best part of my birthday this time around is I had the most intense and sinfully delicious blueberry cheesecake all. to. myself.

On turning a year older? Well, it's nothing out of the ordinary, and it's like gravity, undefiable. At the risk of sounding in-denial, I actually am excited about the big three oh (not there yet) for no particular reason. But I sorta woke up the morning after drenched in sweats like I've been running 10km the whole night; woke up with a ticking sound blaring at the back of my mind. Tick tock tick tock twice the speed of a normal clock, harmonic with my heartbeat. Tick-tocking to something unbeknown to me.

What are you trying to tell me, Life?

p/s Happy happy Birthday, CPMS!

1 comment:

  1. eh kita 30 tahun depan okay :(

    babe, still in Putrajaya lah. ngak dapek ngedate hari ini nampak gayanya.

    ReplyDelete