2.4.07

i think this is mid-twenties life crisis

I always think that people on busses and trains look tired and lonely. You'll probably find them fiddling with their handphones, mp3 players or their own hands. Either that, or just staring out the window and look at other people or sleep.

Haven’t been on public transports for quite some time now. Was on a bus and trains last Thursday. It felt kinda liberating somehow, to be free from being the one behind the wheel and trapped in traffic and feeling depressed. Got on the bus, sat behind the driver where I can see what the driver sees and look at people who just hop in. Most of the people on the bus that day were migrants. The only malaysian on board were just me, the driver and two school kids.

So there I was, a bit awkward but over-excited and thinking hey,now I'm part of these tired and lonely people.

It was a heavy down pour as I got to the commuter station. This is the point where I wished I had driven my own car. I walked like macho only in the rain. Let the ciggie hanging out of my mouth while watching the rain. So nobody gives disapproving looks to a lady smoker anymore. Malaysians are improving. Good thing. (Or is it?)

Then I got on the LRT. Same old same old... People still talk loudly on their phones. The elderly still have to stand all the way through their journey cuz the seats are all full and no one wanna give up theirs for them elderly. And Hi.bka B.0 P0wder is still a travesty to many.

Most of all, it still feels like being the coolest smart-ass in town to t0uch-and-g0 your way, rather than queing for tickets. And yeah, I still cant read in moving vehicles. (It makes me dizzy)

It was the best me-time that I haven't had for so long. I enjoyed being on the bus, soaked by the rain, freezing in the train, looking tired and lonely, watching people around me and speculate the lives they could be living and compare it to mine.

This keeps my feet on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment